- Always practice. Talk to everyone you come across: waiters, cashiers, people you're in line with, your neighbors, your co-workers and kids. Chat with people with different views from you, from seniors to teens to tourists. With this you can get ideas from them which you will use to talk to any other.
- Read whatever you see. There are a lot of things out there that can be a source of information and you can use it to talk to people.
- Have the energy to get into small talk. Be always ready for a talk. Try to say something whenever you can.
- Put yourself in both high and low culture. Try to be on the shoe of high and low kinds of people and their culture. This helps you recognize and decide how to start the conversation to a certain person.
- Keep with you a journal. Take note of important topics that you find useful in the long run. You can write down new heard jokes, quotes and the like.
- Speak to yourself in the mirror. A good way of practicing is by talking to yourself. You can do it in while facing the mirror. Pay attention on your gestures and facial expressions.
- Increase your horizons. Be flexible and do not just be contented of the same routine everyday. As much as possible, try to learn new things.
- Be a good listener. Do not talk when someone is talking; indeed, listen to the topics mentioned by the speaker.
- Work with confidence. Don’t let your shyness rule over you. Remember, if you are confidence of what you know, you can share more with others.
May 9, 2010
How to Make Small Conversation
A little conversation can be an immense challenge, but a small preparation and self-assurance is all you need. As an expert small speaker you will be more open to many and friendly person, compared to somebody who doesn't say a thing during social circumstances. Just do not exaggerate it because public will find you annoying and too talkative.
algorithm alumni asscat assess assignment beliefs BIR birthday boyfriend bsit bsit 1 bsit 2 bsit 3 business calm chance classmates conversation copy data structure december december 2008 depress education elective enough ethics faculty faith father for me forget friends friendship Fushigi Yugi happiness happy headache health health insurance health insurance leads heart home how insult insurance iSchools it 422 it Professionals january jen jennifer lasting Life Style loan love man marriage Miaka mike mit movies msis msit now obsess odesk paste payables perfect permit plans principle Profession quality requirements school seminar site slides sms someone son staff students Tamahomme tax test time to tell trust wedding window