- Be prepared. Sometimes you will feel ready for a test but recognize that you are not as prepared as you imagine. If this often happens, you may not be studying enough.
- Have a good night's sleep. Sleep early a night before the exam and eat a healthy breakfast when you wake up in the morning. Do not cram in the night of the exam.
- Prepare all your equipments. Make sure materials needed are all set such as an extra pencil, ruler, calculator, etc.
- Be in class a little early. If you get early to the test center, you can choose a seat you are comfortable to. You will feel stress-free if you don't get there just before the time.
- Take breaths. Inhale through your nose deeply and slowly before the test starts. Hold the breath for 3-5 seconds and exhale slowly in the course of your mouth. Do this exercise if you feel the pressure it brought you.
- Tell yourself it's just a test. Think that it is just a test. Think that you have passed so many tests before and you can pass too on the current test.
- Skip questions if possible. Never spend too much time on one question. If you get trapped, skip the question and move forward. Come back to that question at the end of the test if you still have time.
- Pretend like you're the only person in the room. Don't be alarmed if you see other students writing swiftly or handing in their tests before time. Strive to work at a stable rate and do not worry about swiftness because it is not a race.
May 19, 2010
HOW TO STAY CALM DURING A TEST
You walk into the exam area and the scary proctor places that white sheet of paper in front of you and inform you that you have only got an hour to do it. That can craze anyone out, but remember to take it as a healthy challenge.
algorithm alumni asscat assess assignment beliefs BIR birthday boyfriend bsit bsit 1 bsit 2 bsit 3 business calm chance classmates conversation copy data structure december december 2008 depress education elective enough ethics faculty faith father for me forget friends friendship Fushigi Yugi happiness happy headache health health insurance health insurance leads heart home how insult insurance iSchools it 422 it Professionals january jen jennifer lasting Life Style loan love man marriage Miaka mike mit movies msis msit now obsess odesk paste payables perfect permit plans principle Profession quality requirements school seminar site slides sms someone son staff students Tamahomme tax test time to tell trust wedding window